Saturday 26 March 2011

Goat Cheese Enchiladas


Goat Cheese Enchiladas with Sweet Corn Salsa
from Vegetarian Dinner in Minutes, Linda Gassenheimer, Chronicle Books, 1997.

 I had some tortillas left from my quesadillas so thought I’d use them up in these enchiladas. Making the sauce was easy. Making the filling was easy. Wrapping the filling in the tortillas was hopeless. They just broke up. I had soaked them in the sauce as directed but they just cracked and would not bend. The recipe called for flour tortillas and mine were corn ones though the recipe actually says ‘Tortillas made from flour or cornmeal are easy to use’ but mine weren’t. The meal was just a gluggy, lumpy looking mess. The salsa was good though.



Taste: ✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔










Walnut Bruschetta
from The Vegeterranean: Italian Vegetarian Cooking, Malu Simões & Alberto Musacchio, Simon & Schuster, 2008.

There was also some bread left so I made another type of bruschetta. Easy and enjoyable to eat.


Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking:

If I arranged the three bruschetta in order of my preference for taste they would be Mushroom, Tomato then Walnut—the order actually that I had made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment