Wednesday 26 October 2011

Beghrir with Honey

Beghrir with Honey
from A Month in Marrakesh, Andy Harris, Hardie Grant Books, 2011.

There are a lot of interesting recipes in this book that I would like to try. The illustration of this one looked as though these particular pancakes would be well worth the effort.



It was a yeast-based recipe and I’m always a little wary of these because I tend not to have much success with them. The mixing was not difficult and it rose wonderfully, the most successful rising I’ve ever managed to achieve.

Then I tried to fry the pancakes. Something was decidedly wrong. They certainly would not pour into the pan and smoothing them out as the instructions said to do was almost impossible. And no bubbles rose on the mixture that I did manage to stretch out on the pan.



Though doughy and thick the flavour of the semolina came through nicely in the finished product. But it was certainly not the pancake described in the recipe.



Oh, and the melted butter and honey for pouring on top was good.

Taste:
Ease of cooking: ✔✔ 

No comments:

Post a Comment