Monday 27 June 2011

A Rich Garlic Tart


Caramelised Garlic Tart
from Plenty, Yotam Ottolenghi, Ebury Press, 2010

When I first looked at this recipe I hesitated a little over it. It had three heads of garlic in the one tart. That seemed somewhat excessive. But above the recipe was a quote from someone who claimed it as the most delicious recipe in the world.




I looked again. It contained double cream and crème fraîche—and two kinds of goat cheese, hard and soft. It was going to be pretty rich.



I have full confidence in recipes from this particular cookery book as all I have made from it so far have turned out well. The instructions are clearly set out. The ingredients are all arranged in sequence. And there turned out to be no problems in the preparing and cooking.





It was delicious. The best in the world? I’m not so sure on that but I certainly enjoyed it. 
Too much garlic? Definitely not. 
Too rich? Could you cut me another slice, please.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment