Saturday 28 January 2012

Baked Brie with Raspberry Coulis


From Biró: European-Inspired Cuisine, Marcel Biró and Shannon Kring Biró, Gibbs Smith, 2005.

I had never thought to bake brie. When I found this recipe I was immediately inspired to make it.

The recipe in the book called for lingonberry sauce but I have never seen these berries in Sydney. I had seen a lingonberry jam in Ikea but it was just out of my way to go there, so I settled for using raspberries.

The brie was cut into wedges and these were double breaded, that is dipped in flour, then eggs beaten with milk and then breadcrumbs. This whole pattern was repeated. The brie was then put in the fridge to keep it as cool as possible before the next step.



The coated brie was sautéed in oil and butter until browned on all sides. The wedges were then placed in the oven for about 5 minutes.

I served them with a cold coulis of raspberries. A real taste treat. This is one I must make more often. In preparation I purchased a jar of lingonberry jam the next time I was at Ikea.



After the flop from using one other of the recipes from this book I was really pleased to find that this one was a perfect success.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment