Tuesday 13 September 2011

Pumpkin Agnolotti


Pumpkin Agnolotti
from The Silver Spoon: Pasta, Phaidon, 2009.

My first attempt at a filled pasta was not too successful. The filling was a good one but the pasta itself was thick and tough. I thought I had it thin enough but obviously it had to be much, much thinner. The instructions were clear though gauging the correct thickness, it seems, needs to come with practice. 

The flavours were good. The buttery raisin and sherry sauce went extremely well with the roast pumpkin filling.



There was one piece of information that the book could have supplied which I did not find on making the pasta but soon found out as I was trying to stick the upper layer to the bottom: there was no mention of the necessity of a sticking agent such as an egg wash or even water to hold the two layers together. It would have been a great help to have this included in the instructions as when I had made some of the agnolotti I soon found that they fell apart if moved and so I had to redo them.



It was all somewhat disappointing, some of it due to myself but also some to the recipe book. Next time I try a filled pasta it will be rolled much thinner.

Taste: ✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔ 

No comments:

Post a Comment