Monday 26 March 2012

Green Bean and Kipfler Potato Salad with Miso Dressing


From The Conscious Cook, Tal Ronnen, William Morris, 2009.

When I saw the list of ingredients for this salad dressing I just had to make it to see what it was like: miso paste, rice vinegar, agave nectar, shallot, garlic, Dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon. That’s quite a mix for a dressing.


The salad itself was quite simple. Kipfler potatoes were boiled and then sliced. Green beans were blanched in boiling water. Roquette was washed. The three were mixed and tossed with the dressing.

The dressing had a wonderful tang to it with the lemon coming through just nicely over the bite of the mustard and miso. It suited the potatoes perfectly. And the sweetness of the beans complemented the mix well. This could easily become my favourite dressing for potato salads.



This is only the second item I have cooked from this book by Tal Ronnen. It’s a vegan cookbook and I have a tendency to overlook vegan because I have a strong preference for dairy products. But I am finding that this book is well worth investigating further.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment