Friday 9 March 2012

Red Cabbage Slaw


From Veggie Burgers Every Which Way, Lukas Volger, Wakefield Press, 2010.

I have never been one for cabbage slaw. I enjoy cabbage, but I need it cooked. Occasionally you might gain a cabbage slaw with a pub meal and, while they go down all right, they are not my favourite. So I can’t really understand what prompted me to make this red cabbage slaw. I guess it’s some kind of puzzle in the back of my mind as to why I don’t like it and yet other people do so I keep going back to check on it. I thought possibly red cabbage would be different from the green. I still don’t like it.



The cabbage was sliced very thinly. It was then mixed with rice vinegar and salt and left to stand for a while. The recipe says until it begins to wilt. My didn’t wilt. You then had to drain off any liquid from the bottom of the bowl. There wasn’t any liquid in my bowl.




Finally you added yoghurt, dill and pepper. It was ready.

It looked a pleasant colour on the plate. I didn’t enjoy it.

Taste: ✔ 
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment