Saturday 22 September 2012

Scrambled Eggs in a Tortilla


From Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison’s Kitchen, Deborah Madison, Broadway Books, 2005.

I had made an adobo de guajillo and there was plenty to spare so I settled on using it up with this simple scrambled eggs recipe. I must confess to a hesitation about the combination of eggs and adobe but headed towards finding out.



I first heated up a couple of tortillas and put them in the oven to keep warm. Then the eggs were scrambled, some chopped up coriander and crumbled feta added and they were ready. The eggs went into the tortillas and adobe was spooned over. It was rolled up and soon eaten. I had it with fresh tomato salsa libanesa as an accompaniment.

I still have a little adobe left so I think I’ll use it up in a cheese quesadilla.

The egg tortillas were a great success. I had not imagined that they would be so good. That’s another for my list of Mexican dishes.



Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment