Sunday 2 September 2012

French Apple-Pear Salad


From New Vegetarian, Robin Asbell, Chronicle Books, 2009.

To begin I made the dressing. In the juice of half a lemon I put a touch of vanilla paste and a pinch of salt. I beat these until all were combined then added walnut oil and beat again.



I cut up two pears and one apple. Each was cut into quarters and the cores removed. They were then sliced and placed in a bowl with the dressing to ensure that they did not colour.

A stick of celery was chopped finely and added to the fruit. A good handful of walnuts was chopped and also added. Fresh tarragon was difficult to obtain so I added a sprinkling of dried tarragon and stirred it in.



The salad was served with Brie.

This was a crunchy salad, sweet and with a touch or sour. The hint of vanilla, which I had doubted when I added it, worked well with the fruit. Brie, naturally, went well with the salad.



Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment