Thursday 19 June 2014

Cheesy Spinach Mash


From Coles Magazine, June 2014.
There are heaps of variations to potato mash and I generally like to try them all. This one began with a normal boiling of 300g potatoes while I prepared the other ingredients.
I grated 35g cheddar and sliced 35g baby spinach leaves.
Once the potatoes were cooked I drained them and mashed them with about a tablespoon butter. I quickly added the spinach as I wanted it to wilt in the hot potatoes. The cheese went in next while the mash was still hot so that it could melt in. Lastly I added a little milk to make the mash creamier. A little salt and a lot of freshly ground black pepper went in.

This was an acceptable variation. I don’t expect it’s one that I will use that often but one to keep in mind in case.
Taste: ✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment