Thursday 14 February 2013

Potato Casserole


From Dinner Party Cookbook, The Australian Women’s Weekly.
I was looking for vegetables to accompany burgers; I prefer to eat my burgers without the buns even though I guess this doesn’t make them burgers but it’s the way I like them.

About 250g of potatoes were put in the saucepan with salted water, brought to the boil and cooked. They were then mashed with a little butter. The mash was placed in a small greased casserole.
An egg was beaten with half a cup of cream. Some grated cheddar cheese was stirred in, the mixture was seasoned and then poured over the potato mash. It went in a 180ºC oven for about half an hour until it was golden.

This was a different way to eat mashed potatoes. It was tasty—as mash always seems to be. I’m not too sure about calling this a casserole which always suggests to me a more liquid mix rather in the manner of a stew. Perhaps Potato Bake would suit it better.







Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment