Friday 6 May 2011

Middle Eastern Double Lentil Soup

Middle Eastern Double Lentil Soup
from The Country Cookbook, Belinda Jeffery, Lantern, 2010.

I keep returning to this cookbook as everything I’ve tried from it has worked and usually turns out to be a tasty and satisfying meal.

I hesitated a little over starting this recipe because I had already made a double soup and, while I enjoyed it, it was really like making two different meals and then combining them. Nevertheless, this looked as though it might be worth a try.

It was a matter of making two soups but the method for both was the same. The basic savoury elements and spices were cooked and then divided between the red and the puy lentils in two saucepans to make the two soups.

I deviated from the instructions at the serving stage. The recipe calls for the two soups to be put into two jugs and then poured simultaneously into the bowl. Thinking of washing up, I just poured from the two saucepans. The result was quite reasonable though with a bit of a bow in it.

The taste was wonderful. It was rich and bursting with flavour. Totally more-ish. I loved it.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment