Sunday 6 November 2011

Cucumber Salad


Cucumber and Feta Salad with Za’atar
from Moroccan, ACP Books, 2011.

My love of food from the Middle East continues and I was browsing through Moroccan when I came across this simple salad.



Moroccan is a reasonably cheap, small size book with heaps of recipes. Though small in dimension it is large in the number of pages: 400. Every double page sports a recipe on one side and a full colour photograph on the other. So far I have been well satisfied with the results from the recipes I have used.



The cucumber and feta salad was simple to make. I only had to cut the cucumber and place it in a plate. The feta was crumbed and mixed with chopped mint. Lemon juice and olive oil was drizzled over this. To finish up za’atar was sprinkled over the top.



This was a very refreshing salad. The crunchy cool cucumber went so well with the creamy, salty feta and the mint. And the musty, herby flavour of the za’atar made it a very moreish salad.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔ 

No comments:

Post a Comment