Thursday 23 August 2012

Cecina


From Tuscany, Phaidon Press, 2011.

This was the easiest dish to make. It was simply a matter of mixing up one cup of water with ¾ cup of chickpea flour (besan). About a tablespoon of olive oil was added together with a liberal amount of pepper and salt.



This mixture was poured into a greased dish to cook in a hot over for about half an hour until it was cooked and had turned a bice brown colour. It was required to be no more than 1 cm thick in the dish and it turned out to be a flat chickpea cake that could be cut into slices and served between slices of bread. We had it is Lebanese bread.

Apparently this is a street food around the Livorno district in Italy. I rather liked it though my partner did not and ended up not finishing it. I ate the remainder of it myself the following couple of days. It worked well, for me, as a snack when the hungers got hold of me.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment