Tuesday 13 September 2011

Minestrone alla Famiglia


Minestrone alla Famiglia
from Elisa Celli’s Italian Light Cooking, Prentice Hall Press, 1987.

There are many variations of minestrone. I have already written up one in my August blog. This particular one (Minestrone alla Famiglia) I do prefer to the one I made from Italian Food Safari. The big difference is that the one from Italian Food Safari has rice added whereas the one from Elisa Celli’s book uses pasta as the addition. The rice has a tendency to thicken over much whereas the pasta less so.



Elisa Celli's book has been a long while on my shelf and has had its fair share of usage. I have been generally well pleased with the results of my cooking from it.



Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

As some of these books may be out of print if anyone would like a particular recipe, email me (alfcooksvege@ozemail.com.au) and I’ll send an abbreviated version. Of course, the whole book would be better; it’s loaded with other goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment