Sunday 9 September 2012

Chickpea, Goat’s Cheese and Zucchini Fritters


From Hungry: Food from my heart, Guy Mirabella, Plum, 2011.

This was a mix-it-all-together-and-then-cook-it type of recipe. The ingredients all sounded as though they would make a tasty fritter: chickpeas, grated zucchini, feta (I used goat’s cheese because I had run out of feta), herbs (parsley, coriander, mint, oregano), garlic, eggs, flour (I was concerned that there was too much flour but followed the instructions), red chilli and seasonings. Once mixed, the ingredients were dropped into the frying pan, a spoonful at a time and fried.



A dip was made of yoghurt, chopped capers, chopped garlic, chopped green chilli and chopped parsley. The recipe called for dill but I had none so substituted with parsley and a little dried dill.

The fritters cooked well and went down equally well though I felt that my concern over the amount of flour was justified because the flour had given them a slightly heavy texture and the taste of the uncooked flour did come through somewhat. Nevertheless this was a quick and tasty light meal.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment