Wednesday 3 July 2013

Warm Potato Salad with Green Olive Dressing


From Commonsense Vegetarian, Murdoch Books, 2011.
Browsing through cookery books is always a pleasure and you never know when you are going to come across something you really want to make. When I saw this potato salad with green olives I knew that I wanted to sample it. I do like green olives—and, of course, potatoes.

It was all very easy to make. I cut some chat potatoes in halves and put them in a pot of salted water to bring them to the boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes.

While they were cooking the dressing was made. In a bowl I placed about 10 green olives, chopped; about a tablespoon capers, a goodly amount of chopped parsley, a crushed garlic clove and the juice of half a lemon. These were mixed well and then olive oil added, about ¼ cup. The ingredients were beaten well and when the potatoes were drained and let cool just a little were poured over. The salad had a touch of salt and freshly ground black pepper added and it was then carefully tossed. Easy.
This met my expectations. The comforting potatoes were nicely brought to life with the zesty flavours of the dressing. Worth remembering.
Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment