Thursday 26 December 2013

Stuffed Portobello with Melting Fontina


From Plenty, Yotam Ottolenghi, Ebury Press, 2010.
I had bought more fontina cheese than I needed so decided to make this mushroom dish to used up the remainder of it.
I placed 4 mushrooms on baking paper on a tray and dribbled a little olive oil on them, then a sprinkling of salt and pepper. They went into a 180ºC oven for 15 minutes.

While they were cooking I chopped an onion and sautéed it for about 10 minutes. I now chopped 4 sun dried tomatoes and added them to the onion with 2 chopped garlic cloves. After a couple of minutes they were removed from the heat and a tablespoon chopped tarragon was added.
The mushrooms were then taken from the oven and the onion mixture was packed into them. Slices of fontina were placed on top and they went back into the oven for another 5 minutes, They were now ready to eat.
This is a tasty way to enjoy mushrooms. The flavours were all strong though I found that the mushroom caps had toughened a little from the baking.
Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔


No comments:

Post a Comment