Thursday 28 July 2011

Eggplant, Mushroom and Asparagus Antipasto


Roasted Eggplant with Porcini, Asparagus and Chevre
from My Italian Heart: recipes from an Italian kitchen, Guy Grossi, Lantern, 2005.

I noticed recently that this particular cookery book has been republished with a different cover and in slightly different dimensions. I think I prefer the new cover but the recipes are the same.



I changed the recipe slightly, swapping chevre and feta, which I already had in the fridge, for the buffalo mozzarella in the recipe.

This turned out to be a wonderful dish to precede another meal.



There were a few different parts to it to prepare before putting the whole thing together. The eggplant had to be baked in the oven. The mushrooms had to be soaked. They were then fried slightly with garlic and other herbs. The asparagus was added. Lastly the eggplant.



When it was all placed on a plate and fried sage leaves and cheeses added it made a delicious dish. It’s well worth trying.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment