Saturday 23 July 2011

Pasta with a Brandy Sauce


Bigoli with Brandy
from The Silver Spoon: Pasta, Phaidon, 2009.

Bigoli is a pasta I had never heard of before delving into The Silver Spoon: Pasta. That was sufficient motivation to get me going to make it.

Apparently it requires a press with a particular mould known as a ‘bigolaro’. That ruled it out for me so I decided to just follow the pasta recipe and cut the resulting mixture into strips.



The cookery book is divided into four sections: long pasta, short pasta, cut pasta and filled pasta. The bigoli is in the cut pasta section so to cut the mixture seemed totally appropriate. My cutting was not too accurate; it had a rough look about it that made it look like a peasant dish which suited me fine.



The sauce was a tomato based one with brandy and a couple of vegetables added. It was quite flavoursome. All in all this was a reasonable pasta dish to include in the repertoire.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment