Thursday 17 May 2012

Guacamole Típico (Classic Guacamole)


From Truly Mexican, Roberto Santibañez, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.

Whenever I have a meal out and order something that has guacamole in it I always feel that the guacamole is no more than mashed avocado. I had to try this recipe to see what the real guaca might actually taste like.



It began with work in a mortar and pestle. A little white onion, a chopped Serrano chilli, some salt and a heap of chopped coriander were pounded into a paste. An avocado was then defleshed and mixed in with the paste and some more chopped coriander. It was mashed lightly with a fork and it was ready to take a squeeze of lime juice and be eaten.

It was easy to see the difference between what I had eaten before and what I had now made.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment