Saturday 7 April 2012

Baked Fruit


From The Naked Chef, Jamie Oliver, Michael Joseph, 1999.

I don’t know what it is about fruit but, though I like it, I rarely get around to eating it. Even with fruit in the house, it seems to be overlooked. So I thought perhaps cooking some fruit may be the remedy. I found a simple recipe for baked fruit in one of Jamie Oliver’s cookbooks.



It was the easiest recipe. Firstly the fruit was cut in half (I used nectarines and peaches) and placed on the grill until it had brown grill stripes across the open cuts. It then went in the oven under the grill for a few minutes more until the fruit was cooked through. I sprinkled some caster sugar over the fruit and a few drops of brandy and gave it a little longer under the grill. I was not watching closely enough and managed to slightly burn the caster sugar.



The fruit, despite the slight apparent burn, didn’t taste burnt and was quite delicious. I must bake some more.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment