Monday 2 April 2012

Sayur Lodeh (Vegetable Curry)



I had some red curry paste left over from making the spicy quick-fried beans. It was such a good curry paste that I didn’t want to waste it. So it was a pretty simple matter to use it to make a vegetable curry.



I fried some onions in olive oil, then added the curry paste for a few seconds. The vegetables were all then added to the wok. It was just a mix of what I had in the refrigerator: carrots, snow peas, green beans and some cabbage. A little water was added and the vegetables were stir fried for a few minutes.  I added some tofu puffs when the vegetables were cooked and stirred them in for a minute.

The curry was served with chopped coriander and some leftover rice and peas on the side.



That red curry paste is well worth making in a larger quantity; it’s one to add to the repertoire.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment